Isle of Wight Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury accidents may seem like something that happens to somebody else, but there is a good chance that such a tragedy could impact your life. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, almost 26.5 million people seek treatment at emergency rooms for accidental injuries every year. Whether you were injured or lost a loved one, the consequences can lead to implications you do not expect.
Virginia laws do provide you with options after an accident turns your life around, so you may qualify to recover compensation for your losses. The legal process can be difficult, since you may need to deal with an insurance company or even go to court to enforce your rights. It is wise to retain an Isle of Wight personal injury attorney for help, so please contact Hampton Injury Law PLC today to schedule a case evaluation today.
Comprehensive Services in Virginia Personal Injury Laws
You may have legal remedies if you were a victim of an accident that was not your fault, such as:
- Car and Truck Collisions: Traffic accidents are common across the US and many of them are preventable. Careless drivers cause these incidents by speeding, distracted driving, running red lights, drunk driving, and many other forms of negligent conduct.
- Motorcycle Crashes: You are vulnerable on a two-wheeled motorcycle with larger, heavier vehicles surrounding you, and there is little to protect you from serious injuries in an accident. These factors and others make motorcycle collisions among the deadliest incidents on Virginia roads.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: Even when not in a motorized vehicle, many of the same legal concepts apply to victims hurt while walking or biking.
- Slip and Fall Incidents: Virginia property owners have a duty to make sure the premises are safe. Accidents can occur when they breach their legal obligations by failing to make repairs, conduct inspections, or implement adequate security measures.
- Wrongful Death: When a loved one dies through another person’s negligence, your losses as a surviving family member can be horrific. You may be able to obtain monetary damages for how the decedent’s death affects you emotionally and financially.
Compensation for Injured Victims: Various types of monetary damages are available for those who suffer losses in a personal injury accident. Depending on your situation, you may be eligible to recover for:
- Medical costs, including hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, pain medications, and out-of-pocket costs;
- Lost income, if you were unable to work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Diminished quality of life; and,
- Many other types of losses.
Trust an Isle of Wight Personal Injury Attorney to Assist with Your Case
Your losses as the victim of an injury-causing accident can be devastating, so it is important to take full advantage of the laws that protect your interests. If you were hurt or lost a loved one, please call Hampton Injury Law PLC to schedule a case evaluation right away. An Isle of Wight personal injury lawyer can describe your legal remedies after reviewing your circumstances.