Poquoson Personal Injury Attorney
Suppose you were hurt in a personal injury accident due to the negligence of another person. In that case, you need a skilled lawyer to assist you with navigating the complicated claims and litigation process. Attorney Jan Hoen has in-depth knowledge of the relevant Virginia laws and extensive experience helping victims like you recover for their losses after a Poquoson, VA accident. Please contact Hampton Injury Law to schedule a free consultation regarding your case. You may also find it helpful to review some general information regarding personal injury claims in Virginia.
Comprehensive Legal Services in Poquoson Personal Injury Cases
Hampton Injury Law handles a wide range of Virginia personal injury claims and accident scenarios, including:
- Defective Products: Manufacturers and other companies involved with putting products on shelves may be liable for injuries the items are unsafe, either because of manufacturing defects, design flaws, errors in labeling, or providing a proper warning to the end user.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Owners, occupiers, and other entities having control over property are responsible for ensuring that the premises are safe for those who enter. Victims can suffer serious injuries where hazardous conditions on property cause slips, trips, falls, and other types of accidents.
- Dog Bites: In Virginia, an animal’s owner may be legally liable if it attacks due to negligence or a violation of animal control laws.
- Nursing Home Injuries: Accidents in nursing homes are often a result of abuse or neglect by the very people entrusted to care for patients. Those responsible for nursing home injuries may include individual caretakers, as well as the entities that oversee them.
- Accidents Involving Motor Vehicles: Some of the most serious personal injuries can affect victims who are not even in a car. Bicycle and pedestrian accidents can be very serious, especially considering the size and weight of a vehicle and the lack of a protective barrier for the victim.
A Knowledgeable Personal Injury Attorney You Can Trust
Attorney Hoen has extensive experience handling all types of personal injury cases in Virginia, helping victims recover such losses as:
- Medical costs;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and,
- Many other damages depending on your circumstances.
In many cases, an insurance company provides coverage for the negligent party. Mr. Hoen will aggressively pursue your right to compensation against insurers who prioritize business profits over your interests. If it is not possible to reach a settlement agreement, he will go to court to ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Rules That May Affect Your Compensation
Your right to compensation may be limited by certain legal concepts that apply to personal injury claims, such as:
- Virginia’s statute of limitations, which gives you two years after your accident to file a lawsuit;
- Contributory negligence rules that prohibit you from recovering any compensation if you are even slightly responsible for your own injuries.
Discuss Your Claim with a Personal Injury Attorney in Poquoson
If you were hurt in any type of personal injury accident resulting from someone else’s negligence, please call Hampton Injury Law at 757.838.1136 to schedule a free consultation with Attorney Jan Hoen. You can also go online to learn more about his advocacy for personal injury accident victims in Poquoson and throughout York County, VA.
Do’s & Don’ts When Handling An Injury Case