South Hampton Roads Personal Injury Attorney
Whether you are a local going about your business or a tourist visiting the South Hampton Roads area, you may become a victim of an accident at any time as a result of the negligence or intentional wrongful conduct of another person. When that happens, you need an experienced South Hampton Roads Personal Injury Attorney to represent your interest in getting compensation for your damages which may include medical costs, lost earnings, property damages, etc. The attorneys at Hampton Injury Law PLC have extensive experience handling personal injury claims and may assist you with your claim.
How a South Hampton Roads Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You with Your Claim
While a claim for a minor fender bender in a parking lot without any injury can be easy to handle, even without the assistance of an attorney, most accidents and personal injury cases require the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney for the following reasons:
- Liable parties and insurance companies tend to offer the least settlement possible. When the attorneys at Hampton Injury Law PLC represent you, they determine what damages are recoverable to you and help you obtain the maximum damages recoverable for your claim.
- Proving a personal injury claim is not a walk in the park and sometimes requires the assistance of other experts besides an attorney. When necessary, a South Hampton Roads Personal Injury Attorney will enlist the assistance of his network of experts like medical experts, accident reconstruction experts, economists, etc., to provide the expert evidence needed to prove your case.
- Sometimes, multiple parties are liable for damages arising from a single claim or incident. An experienced attorney will help you determine if there are other parties or insurance policies that will cover your claim, especially when the available policy does not provide sufficient compensation for your damages. In one case, the attorneys at Hampton Injury Law PLC recovered damages for their client under four separate policies.
- If necessary, for example, due to a low offer from the insurance company, an experienced South Hampton Roads personal injury attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf. This enables them to obtain more evidence, including from third parties, to fight your claim. In one case, after Hampton Injury Law PLC filed a lawsuit on behalf of their client, they were able to obtain a settlement that was ten times more than the initial offer made by the defendant.
- The court system can be complex with several deadlines to meet and multiple documents to file. Having a personal injury lawyer located within the court’s jurisdiction by your side will ease the burden you would otherwise bear representing yourself.
- The settlement amount a defendant offers is often proportionate to the weight of evidence you can provide to prove your claim. Unfortunately, sometimes, the evidence you need to prove your case is in the possession of the defendant, and defendants will hardly volunteer information that is adverse to their interest. For example, in a premises liability claim for slip and fall, your only chance of obtaining a video footage of the incident, which will most likely be in the possession of the defendant, may be through a subpoena issued by an attorney after a lawsuit is filed. Therefore, hiring an experienced South Hampton Roads personal injury attorney may be your only opportunity to get the evidence you need to obtain a favorable settlement or verdict.
Contact a South Hampton Roads Personal Injury Attorney Today
Hampton Injury Law PLC has extensive experience handling personal injury cases and is recognized in the 2021 list of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, an honor awarded to only one percent of attorneys in the United States. If you have a personal injury claim in the South Hampton Roads area and want a dedicated attorney who will give your case the attention it deserves, contact Hampton Injury Law PLC today for a free case evaluation.
Do’s & Don’ts When Handling An Injury Case