Williamsburg Personal Injury Attorney
Victims of personal injury accidents face many challenges as they try to return to health, from mounting medical bills to lost wages to pain and suffering. You do have the right to recover compensation for these losses, but the process of filing a claim can be daunting.
Attorney Jan Hoen is dedicated to fighting for the rights of victims like you who suffer due to another person’s negligence. For years, he has been serving the needs of clients in Williamsburg, and throughout James City and York Counties in Virginia, helping them recover the compensation they deserve. Please contact Hampton Injury Law to schedule a free consultation, and read on to learn more about personal injury claims in Virginia.
Representing Victims in Many Types of Williamsburg Personal Injury Cases
Attorney Hoen advocates on behalf of clients in a wide array of Virginia personal injury matters, including:
- Slip and fall claims against negligent property owners, occupiers, and other entities having control over premises;
- Dog bite cases involving owners that are careless or violate animal control laws;
- Products liability claims against manufacturers and other companies who fail to ensure their products are safe for consumers;
- Nursing home accidents, where abuse or neglect by caretakers and other entities cause injuries for residence;
- Traffic-related accident injuries where the victim was a bicyclist or pedestrian; and,
- Other types of personal injury cases.
You Can Rely on a Dedicated Personal Injury Attorney
Regardless of which type of personal injury accident led to your injuries, these claims are usually a result of negligence. People in Virginia are required to exercise due care in running their businesses, operating their vehicles, managing their animals, manufacturing products, and operating a nursing home facility. When they fail in this legal duty and cause an accident, you could suffer:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries;
- Fractured bones;
- Damage to internal organs;
- Burn injuries;
- Paralysis and permanent disability;
- Amputation of extremities;
- Spinal cord, neck, and back injuries; and,
- Many other types of trauma and serious medical conditions.
Attorney Hoen will fight for your right to compensation for the injuries you suffer due to someone else’s negligence, helping you recover for such losses as:
- Medical expenses, including costs of surgery, emergency treatment, physical therapy, ongoing care, and related expenses;
- Lost wages, if you are not able to work due to your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Losses due to how your injuries affect your personal relationships; and,
- Additional damages allowed by Virginia law.
Harsh Rules May Put Your Rights at Risk
An insurance company may contest your personal injury claim based upon certain defenses that impact your rights. They include:
- Timing Deadlines: Virginia’s statute of limitations requires you to file a lawsuit within two years after the accident that caused your injuries. If you fail to comply with this time restriction, you claim will forever be barred by law.
- Contributory Negligence Laws: If you are even slightly responsible for the accident that caused your injuries, the legal concept of contributory negligence prevents you from recovering any compensation.
Talk to a Williamsburg Personal Injury Attorney for Free
For more information on your legal options as a victim of a personal injury accident, please contact Attorney Jan Hoen to schedule a free consultation. You can reach Hampton Injury Law at 757.838.1136 or via the firm website to set up an appointment.